Please enter search criteria
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are your hours of operation?
A: Please refer to the store hours on our homepage as our hours differ at other campuses.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: The CCRI Bookstores accept cash, checks with a student ID number, debit and credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Discover). Students may use their Financial Aid in the CCRI Bookstores as each semester begins. We will post those dates online and on campus for your convenience. Credit cards and Financial Aid are accepted for online purchases.
Q: Is it safe to use my credit card and other personal information on the website?
A: Yes. All your login and billing information is sent via encrypted SSL. The CCRI Bookstores will never sell or distribute any of your account information to third parties.
Q: What is considered “Financial Aid”?
A: We use the term ‘Financial Aid’ to cover any funds that are available to the students to use in the bookstore. This may include Pell grants, scholarships, awards, and loans. Students can check their financial aid balance by logging onto their myCCRI page.
Q: When can I buy books with Pell Grants or other Financial Aid?
A: There is a period at the beginning of the semester when you can use your Financial Aid. You may charge books and school supplies in the bookstores after verification of awards has been posted to your account. Then the files are sent over to the bookstore for your use. You can log onto myCCRI to check your Financial Aid status.
Q: When is the payment applied to my credit card?
A: The website does not deduct anything from your account at the time your order is placed.
- Your credit card will not be charged until the books are actually pulled and processed.
- The total amount on the confirmation receipt may change due to the availability of used books.
- Your bill will be reflected when you pick up the books or your order is shipped.
Q: Why is the amount of my web order different than when I placed the order?
A: In order to provide you with your course materials in a timely manner we substitute new or used titles based on availability. Therefore your order may differ from the amount you are expecting.
Q: Why do I need to give you my address if I do not want the books shipped?
A: We need general information including your address to set up an account.
Q: What are “Textbook Bundles”?
A: Bundles are packages that contain a textbook along with other course material that may assist a student in their studies.
- These additional course materials may include such items as study guides, CD software and online access codes to textbook companion websites.
- Bundles are typically packages and sold as a single unit. Once opened, they are not returnable or refundable.
Q: If I accidentally purchase the wrong textbook, can I return it?
A: Please see the Refund Policy Page.
Q: When can I sell my textbook back to the CCRI Bookstores?
A: Be sure to check out the Book Buyback page
- Textbook buyback is offered as a service to our students and is conducted during finals week of the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Dates and times will be posted online and on campus.
- A wholesale book company may purchase books no longer needed by the college, if they have current market value and are in good condition. The CCRI Bookstores have no control over publisher new editions or prices.
- No receipt is needed at buyback.
- You must bring your student ID.
Q: How do college stores acquire used books?
A: College stores use a variety of methods to secure used books for students.
- One strategy for obtaining used books is through buyback events, where books are purchased from students for resale.
- College stores also work with textbook wholesale companies to secure additional copies of used books, or books that may not have been available during their campus’ buyback.
Q: My question is not on this FAQ.
A: Unable to find an answer to your question? Head to the Contact Us page and contact the store.