Please enter search criteria
Rental Return Information
As a reminder spring semester rental books are due back to the bookstore by May 13, 2019. Please check the Bookstore website for store hours at each location. The bookstore staff strongly recommends that you return your rental books back to the store you initially rented the book from. You can also return your rental textbook at the upcoming book buyback. However, if you cannot get back to the bookstore during regular store hours the bookstore has installed two after-hours rental return boxes. One is located outside the store in Warwick and the other is located outside the store in Lincoln. If you plan on using one of these boxes to return your rental books you must fill out the rental box form completely, and place it inside of your rental book. Please note that any incomplete rental box forms will result in you not receiving credit for your rental return. Once again thank you for renting books from CCRI Bookstores this semester.
Spring 2019 Textbook Rental Information
You may select to enter into a rental agreement with our bookstore.
The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester.
- I am at least 18 years of age and a current Community College of Rhode Island student and I am entering the Textbook Rental Agreement ("Agreement") with the CCRI Bookstore of my own free will. In addition, in order to rent materials from CCRI Bookstore, I understand I must have a valid credit card on file at the time of the rental.
- I will return the rented materials to CCRI Bookstore on or before the rental return date of May 13, 2019. The CCRI Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of the rental return date and is not responsible for returns shipped to the store via any carrier.
- I understand that the book rented to me is the property of the CCRI Bookstore.
- I am responsible for the condition of the materials rented and bear the full responsibility for the return of the rented materials in salable condition and for payment of fees and replacement costs if rented materials are lost, stolen or returned in unsalable condition. Unsalable conditions include damages incurred to the rented material as determined by CCRI Bookstore staff. Limited highlighting and writing in the rented textbook is permitted.
- If I fail to return the rented materials by the rental return date, or fail to return the rented materials in salable condition, I understand that the full new replacement cost (minus the rental fee) of the text in question will be automatically charged to the credit card on file for the Agreement. Full replacement cost is the selling price of the materials on the rental return date. In the event that the credit card on file for this Agreement is no longer valid or in the event the purchasing limit on such card has been exceeded at the time the replacement cost is to be charged a hold will be placed on my student account until such time as I pay replacement cost of the text in question.
- Replacement of rental materials (exact duplicate, correct ISBN, title, author, edition, etc. required) will be accepted in lieu of any damaged rental materials on or before the rental return date.
- If I drop a course, textbooks must be returned immediately, even if I will be taking the course in a future semester. I understand my rental fee is refundable only if the book is returned by February 4, 2019.
Titles available for rent vary by campus. These titles are noted on the web site and in the Bookstore. Textbook rentals are only available during the Fall and Spring semesters.